Monday 8 November 2010

Phebe Rendulic - From all the photographic perspectives





- Can you tell us something about yourself?
My name is Phebe Rendulic and I'm about to graduate from art college with a Bachelor of Visual Arts with my major being Photography. I have a great love for film photography especially Polaroids and I love to experiment with all types of film cameras including Holga, medium format cameras and even cheap plastic and disposable cameras. I'm also in an electro-pop band called Radio Spectacular!!! (http://www.radiospectacular.com/) so I'm always kept busy!

- How do you create your works?
For the last three years I've been studying so there's a big process of concept development and research involved in works produced for school but I find that when I do works for myself it's quite spontaneous and based on moods and feelings at the time. It also depends on the camera that I use, I can be quite rough and careless with my $1 camera because I love the crappiness of it and the light leaks it gives me. My Holga lets me be quite creative with double and long exposures and I like to add to Polaroids with drawings or turn them into little collages.

- What would you like to communicate through your works to the spectator?
I don't take myself too seriously and I'm the sort of person that likes to have a good laugh so I hope that comes through in my work.

- What is, today, the role of photogrpahy for you?
At the moment its my main focus and I hope that continues once I graduate. I'd like to get into fashion photography also as I have a massive love for it. But as long as I have a camera with me I'll never stop!

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Mi chiamo Phebe Rendulic e mi sto per laureare all’accademia d’arte in Arti Visive, con specializzazione in fotografia. Ho una grande passione per la fotografia in particolare per le Polaroid e amo sperimentare con tutti I tipi di machine fotografice inclusa l’Holga, le machine fotografiche medio formato e anche quelle di plastica molto economiche. Suono anche in una electro-pop band che si chiama Radio Spectacular!!! (http://www.radiospectacular.com/ ), quindi sono sempre molto occupata!

- Come crei I tuoi lavori?
Negli ultimi tre anni ho studiato quindi c’è stato un grande processo sullo sviluppo del concetto e di ricerca per I lavori fatti per la scuola. Invece ho notato che quando lavoro per me stessa le cose vengono in modo più spontaneo, a seconda dell’umore e delle sensazioni. Dipende anchhe dalla macchina che uso, posso essere dura e diretta con la macchina da 1 dollaro perchè amo le crepe e gli errori che crea. La mia Holga mi lascia essere molto creative con le doppie e le lunghe esposzioni e mi piace aggiungere alle polaroids disegni e trasformarle in piccolo collage.

- Cosa ti piace comunicare allo spettatore con la tua arte?
Non mi prendo troppo sul serio, e sono il tipo di persona che ama farsi una buona risata, spero che questo possa avvenire tramite i miei lavori.

- Qual’è per te il ruolo della fotografia oggi?
In questo momento è il mio obiettivo e spero che possa esserlo anche in futuro una volta laureata. Spero di potermi dedicare alla fotografia di moda. Insomma finchè avrò una macchina in mano non mi fermo!

All the images posted here are Phebe Rendulic’s works.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...