Wednesday 12 May 2010

Stéphane Pellennec - Photography and dream







Hi everyone! Today I have an interview with an other Finish artist! Enjoy it!


- Can you tell us something about yourself? When did you discover your passion for Photography?
I'm a dreamer and as a child I was the kind of guy at school you could call a dreamer, the one in his own world, drawing small signs on paper while the teacher explained important things, dreaming looking at the wind moving the branches behind the classroom window... and this until I got to military service. I met there a photographer who was so passioned, he gave me interest in photography, not only as a viewer but also as the one taking the picture. Before I've had some pocket camera and wasn't satisfied about results and could think about photography as a way to express my mind as drawing was, but this man has shown me that with a manual reflex camera, everything is possible. So I asked for a cheap manual reflex camera in 1996 for Christmas. We weren't yet in the digital age and I've learned a lot, read, tried... and my passion did grow up all the time, and it still grows up, I'm still learning and trying, going from analog to digital, from digital to medium format analog, learning to develop negatives...

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
I feel inspired when I feel good and relax and it happens when it is peaceful around and often in the nature. I love to walk on shores, to observe relations between elements, between humans and elements, nature and elements, human and nature... Water is very important.

- What do you want to transmit to people with your works ?
Most of the time I don't make works to transmit things to people, I make works just as I would draw my mind on a piece of paper, for myself, for trying to put my mind, my dreams, on black on white, to get back to myself and dreamy world.

- What is the work that you are more attached? Why?
Strangely the work I'm the most attached to isn't the most typical from me, but there are so many feelings behind this one, how I felt during the moment I took it and what beginning it meant for me and my love, which make this one to be the one, if I need to choose one:



- Può raccontarci qualcosa sulla sua vita? Quando ha scoperto la sua passione per la fotografia?
Io sono un sognatore e quando ero un bambino a scuola ero quell tipo di ragazzo che si può chiamare sognatore. La persona che si mette a tracciare segni sulla carta mentre l’insgnante spiega cose importanti, quella che sogna guardando il vento muovere i rami dietro la finestra.. e così fino al servizio militare, dove incontrai un fotografo che era così appassionato da trasmettermi il suo interesse nella fotografia, non solo come spettatore, ma come colui che sta dietro all’obiettivo. Prima di allora avevo una macchina fotografica compatta, non ero soddisfatto dei risultati, ma non pensavo alla fotografia come modo per esprimere me stesso. Ma quell’uomo ma ha fatto capire che con una reflex manuale ogni cosa è possibile. Così nel Natale del 1996 chiesi in regalo una reflex manuale da pochi soldi. Non era ancora arrivata l’era digitale. Da allora ho imparato molto, leggendo e provando, e ancora oggi continuo ad imparare e la mia passione aumenta di giorno in giorno. Provo a cambiare da analogico a digitale e viceversa, imparo a sviluppare negativi …

- Quali sono le sue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Mi sento ispirato quando sto bene e sono rilassato, e questo succede quando attorno a me c’è pace e spesso anche natura e verde. Amo camminare sulla spiaggia, osservare relazioni tra gli elementi, tra esseri umani ed elementi, tra la natura e gli elementi, tra la natura e gli esseri umani.. l’acqua è importante.
- Cosa vuole trasmettere alle persone con I suoi lavori?
Di solito non eseguo I miei lavori per trasmettere qualcosa alle persone. Fotografo allo stesso modo di come disegnerei la mia mente su un pezzo di carta, per me stesso, per cercare di rappresentare la mia mente, I miei sogni in bianco e nero. Per ritorvare me stesso e il mio mondo di sogni.

-Qual’è il lavoro a cui sei più affezionato? Perché?
Stranamente il lavoro a cui sono più affezionato non rappresenta il mio lavoro tipico. Ma racchiude così tante emozioni. Come mi sono sentito in quella circostanza e cosa ha significato quel momento per me.

Stéphane Pellennec was born in 1971 in France, but works and lives in Finland with his family.
For further nformation see also http://www.elucubrations.eu/ and http://jakezdaniel.deviantart.com/
All the images postedi here are by Stéphane Pellennec.





 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...