Friday 20 August 2010

Ann Mei - An immaginary and fantastic world directly from Russia






- Can you tell us something about yourself?
I live in a small Russian town, called Ostrov. In my childhood I used to dream to become an artist and I finished a children’s art school. But after, when I grew up I didn’t have the opportunity to engage in the arts. I got married and worked as all normal people. Finally, children are grown up and I have a lot of free time, and this time, I gave creative.

- When did you discover your passion for art?
It all started with the usual photos, which to me seemed boring, I wanted to make something nice that would be to please my friends- then I don’t know that everything will become so serious.

- How do you create your works?
My work consists of a large number of photos. When I have an idea, I take the camera and many many things and textures and backgrounds, of all these things I try to make the plot, which is thought , but all too often turns to the other side of the conceived. Sometimes I see a girl and immediately understand that this is my model. And then the work is produced quickly, within a few hours. But some of the other work I do for a long time and did not even finish.

- What are your main sources of inspirations ?
This question is very difficult to answer … Inspiration comes from many different things – viewed the movie, read a book, get acquainted with new artists in the exhibitions, travel, or just a dream …. Anything , I do not know that in my head. Very often this internal status, which requires exit out.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Vivo nella piccola città Russa di Ostrov. Da bambina ho sempre sognato di fare l’artista, da giovane ho frequentato una scuola d’arte. Ma in seguito non ho avuto modo di continuare a seguire la mia passione, mi sono sposata e ho iniziato a lavorare come tutti quanti. Finalmente, una volta che i miei figli sono diventati grandi, ho avuto a disposizione molto più tempo libero e così ho ripreso a dedicarmi all’arte.

-Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per l’arte?
Tutto è iniziato con semplici foto, che a me sembravano noiose, ho voluto, così, fare qualcosa di carino che facesse piacere ai miei amici. Non pensavo che sarebbe diventata una cosa seria.

- Come crei I tuoi lavori?
Il mio lavoro consiste nel scattare un grande numero di foto. Quando mi viene un’idea, prendo la macchina fotografica e anche sfondi e tipi diversi di grana. Con tutte queste cose cerco di costruire la scena, che ho in mente, ma succede che viene fuori qualcosa di diverso da ciò che avevo pensato. A volte vedo una ragazza e decido subito che sarà la mia modella. E quando inizio a lavorare, ci metto magari poche ore per finire il lavoro. Per altri lavori invece impiego molto più tempo e magari non li riesco nemmeno a finire.

-Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
A questa domanda è veramente difficile rispondere. .. l’ispirazione arriva da molte cose diverse – vedere un film, leggere un libro, conoscere nuovi artist, viaggiare, sognare…. Tutto.. non so cosa c’è nella mia testa, ma spesso questo stato interno esce fuori.

For further information see also http://annmei.deviantart.com/.   
All the images posted here are Ann Mei’s works.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...