Wednesday 21 July 2010

Michael Page - Surrealist remainds







- Can you tell us something about yourself?
I'm thirty years old, married and paint pictures. I live in San Francisco, California and I am obsessed with creating art.

- When did you discover your passion for art?
I have always loved art in some form or another. As a child I would draw all the time and found that I really connected with art. I felt it was the one place I could go to and feel secure and have it all for myself. As I found painting later in life, painting is the one place I can go to and feel free and open.

- How do you create your works?
I generally start my paintings with some type of color theme and a broad idea of what I may want to do. From there I just start throwing on the acrylic paint. Once I have what I am looking for in the painting I will add oil paint over the acrylic to bring out the colors and shapes.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
I have tons on inspirations, from my wife to my friends, other artist's and the world around me. Just look outside and you can see so many things that will inspire and make you wonder.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Ho trent’anni, sono sposato e dipingo. Vivo a San Francisco, in California e sono ossessionato dalla creazione di arte.

- Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per l’arte?
Ho sempre amato l’arte in qualche modo. Da bambino volevo disegnare tutto il tempo e ho scoperto di essere molto legato all’arte. Mi sono sentito come se fosse l’unico posto dove potessi andare, sentirmi sicuro e avere tutto per me. Quando ho scoperto la mia passione per il “dipingere” più tardi, ho capito che era l’unico modo e posto in cui potessi essere completamente libero di esprimermi.

- Come crei i tuoi lavori?
Di solito inizio il dipinto con una sorta di tema nel colore e un’idea generale di cosa voglio fare. Da questo inizio a lanciare colore acrilico sulla tela. Una volta ottenuto quello che stavo cercando allora aggiungo colore ad olio sopra l’acrilico per far emergere i colori e le forme.

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Ho tonnellate di ispirazioni. Da mia moglie, ai miei amici, dagli altri artisti, al mondo che mi circonda. Basta guardare fuori per trovare un sacco di fonti d’ispirazione.

For further information see also http://www.michaelpageart.com/.
All the images posted here are Michael Page’s works.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...